Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
If you would like to seek counseling for your EEO concern, you must contact an EEO Counselor within 45 calendar days of the date of the incident that you feel is discriminatory. This time limit is prescribed by law and generally cannot be extended or changed. For example, if you learned on March 1st that you were non-selected for a promotion and feel it was denied due to discrimination, you have 45 calendar days after that date to initiate the counseling process. If you feel that a personnel action such as a suspension is discriminatory, your claim is not ready for counseling until the effective date of the personnel action, as opposed to the date the personnel action was proposed.
EEO Process: How To File
- Go to Eportal.
- Select the Human Resources icon.
- Employee Services: select Equal Opportunity.
- Initiating An EEO Discrimination Complaint: select EEO Contact Form.
- Complete the form and save (form is automatically submitted).
- The Basis is one of the following: Race, National Origin, Color, or Age.